The analysis produces the type, quantity, size, and localization of the osteotomies. Following the correction, all joint-based mechanical load axes and joint tangents must be within the normal range.
- Open or closed wedge, translation
- All pre- and post-operative results are shown.
- Defective angles can be calculated with the extended Osteotomy module by Dror Paley.
This process has been in use at www.gelenkzentrum-wiesbaden.de for several years. Mathematical fundamentals by Dr. Dror Paley of Baltimore as well as Dr. J. Pfeil and Dr. B. Gladbach
- Analysis of the pre-operative situation
- Determination of CORA/NCORA, single or multiple osteotomies
- Simulation of post-operative results
- Automatic calculation of the optimal angle
- Determination of the apex angle and angle of real deformity from the AP and sagittal views.
- Select and evaluate the correction interactively.
Principle of deformity correction by Dror Paley Developed for mediCAD in collaboration with Dr. J. Pfeil and Dr. B. Gladback of Wiesbaden, Germany.